Honey Chill Potato is a popular and juicy Chinese dish. It’s crunchy and full of flavor snacks that you just cannot resist. A delicious dish for kids. The great taste of honey chili potatoes can be brought home in a few easy steps.
Try to make this recipe and you’ll never head to those street stalls again!
- Recipe Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 05 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Cook Time: 30 mins
- Difficulty Level: Easy
Ingredients of Honey Chilli Potatoes Recipe:
- Sliced potatoes coated in red chili.
- Deep-fried with the garlic paste and spring onions.
- Potatoes sauteed with capsicum, honey, salt, soya sauce, and chili sauce.
For the potatoes:
- 2 potatoes (sliced), peeled
- 3-4 tbsp cornflour or maida
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- oil (for deep frying)
For the base:
- 1 tsp oil
- spring onions (with stalk), fried
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 capsicum, sliced
- 2 tbsp honey
- to taste salt
- 1/4 tsp soya sauce
- 3 tsp white sesame seeds
- 2 tsp chili sauce
How to Make Honey Chilli Potatoes:
Prepare the potatoes:
- In a bowl, add cornflour or maida, salt, and red chili powder.
- Then, mix it well until the potatoes are coated.
- Deep fry the potatoes until golden. Keep aside.
Prepare the base:
- In a wok, add oil, garlic paste and spring onions. Saute on high heat for 1 minute.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes adding capsicum, honey, salt, soya sauce, chili sauce.
- Finally, add the deep-fried potatoes and sesame seeds. Mix well and serve hot.
- The best way to coat the potatoes in the sauce is to cook it in a wok because it provides enough space to toss them around, but if you don’t have one, feel free to use a frying pan.
- To make super crispy honey chili potatoes, you need to batter fry the potato fingers twice.
These fried potato fingers are sweet and spicy. They will give you sticky fingers that you’ll be licking. It’s better served HOT!! ENJOY!!