Time for dessert? Try my lemon berry napoleons recipe you will love it from the first try
This lemon berry napoleon is layers of lemon mousse and flaky puff pastry stacked together and topped with beautiful fresh fruit.
- 2 sheets Puff Pastry Sheet
- 2¼ tsp. (1 package) unflavored powdered gelatin
- ¼ c Warm water
- 2 c Heavy Cream
- 4 Tbsp. Powdered sugar
- 10 oz. Lemon Curd
- Strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries
– Preheat oven to 425F.
– Lay thawed puff pastry sheet on a floured surface and roll it out into a 12x 12 inch square.
– Cut the square into three 12 inch x 4 inch strips and prick them all over with a fork.
– Place the puff pastry strips on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
– Repeat for second puff pastry sheet.
– Cover dough with plastic wrap and place back in refrigerator to chill for at least 20 minutes.
– Once chilled remove baking sheets from refrigerator and place in over.
– Bake for 10 minutes until the dough begins to turn golden brown then place another baking sheet directly on top of the dough and continue baking for another 6-7 minutes.
– Remove the top baking sheet and finish baking for 6-7 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
– Remove the puff pastry sheets from the oven and while they are still warm trim the edges of the puff pastry and cut the strips in half making each one 6 inches x 4 inches (approximately).
– Cool completely.
– While the puff pastry cools make the lemon mousse.
– Fill a small bowl with the warm water and sprinkle the gelatin over it letting it dissolve.
– Whip the heavy cream until it forms soft peaks then add the powdered sugar and the gelatin.
– Continue to whip until it forms stiff peaks.
– Gently fold in the lemon curd mixing until it is fully incorporated.
– You will use 3 puff pastry pieces for each Napoleon.
– Spread lemon mousse over the bottom piece making it about ½ inch thick. Top with the next piece and repeat.
– Top the third layer of puff pastry with lemon mousse and place on a baking sheet.
– Do this for all of the puff pastry and then place your 4 Napoleons in the refrigerator to firm up.
– Before serving top with fresh berries.